Author Topic: Taking a break  (Read 1113 times)

arveetek

• Club Member
  • Active Off-Roader
    • View Profile
Taking a break
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »
I'll be taking a break from off-roading for a short while.  The reason being two-fold: 

Since I'm down to just two vehicles (my wife's high-mileage minivan and my high-mileage Tahoe), I need to be a bit more cautious when it comes to trail rides.  The last run to Devil's Den left with me a few issues: my steering linkage bent, water got in my starter and it's making noise, and I just discovered that I dented my fuel tank and created a small crack.  I noticed the tank was seeping ever so slightly, leaving an oily spot on the ground.  I took off the plastic "skid plate" and discovered the compressed fuel tank.  Apparently I hit a large boulder and dented the tank, but the plastic cover sprang back into shape, disguising the damage.  I've got it patched for now, but I don't know how long it will hold.  I don't have the cash flow to keep making repairs and/or make the necessary upgrades at this time.  I hope to save up and buy another Jeep project again and then get back into the game once my wife starts back to work this fall.  We've been a one-income family since our daughter was born nearly 8 years ago, and she's been a full-time stay-at-home mom.

Secondly, my wife and kids are not that excited about off-roading or overlanding.  I'm sure my boy will be when he gets older, but for now, I feel the need to spend more time together as a family, and I plan for us to do more camping together in our RV this summer.  Perhaps I can get them more involved, but we shall see how things go this year.

I'll still be around, and I'll keep in touch with everyone.  If I can get a Jeep back soon, I'll be back on the trails for sure!  If nothing else, I may hitch a ride with one of ya on a trail day!

Thanks,

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 Door 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4L80E, NV241, 3.42 gears, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG T/A K02's on Toyota Steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin Brush Guard

Brent

• Club Member
  • 4x4 Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a break
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
Best of luck and blessings to get everything back on track, and nothing beats family time.

StevenB

• Club Member
  • 4x4 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »
Hope you make it back out with us soon.

trlfrog

• Administrator
  • 4x4 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »
Look forward to seeing you back out on the trails soon......in a jeep :)